Mixing a certain proportion of reclaimed latex rubber in EPDM rubber products can not only improve the rubber processing technology, but also improve the overall performance of the product and reduce the production cost. It sounds like a very good production method. But in actual production, is it really profitable and harmless to use EPDM together with natural reclaimed rubber? The editor can only say three words: impossible! The molecular structure of EPDM rubber and latex reclaimed rubber is particularly different. Only when the rubber material ratio and various compounding ratios are appropriate can we produce rubber products with comprehensive properties that meet the standards.
1. Control the proportion of natural rubber applications
Since the internal molecular structure and performance characteristics of natural reclaimed rubber and EPDM rubber are very different, too much use of latex reclaimed rubber in EPDM rubber products to improve the performance of EPDM rubber products, it is difficult to achieve a good blending effect. It is necessary to reasonably control the proportion of latex reclaimed rubber added. In actual production, generally 70 parts of EPDM rubber and 30 parts of natural reclaimed rubber are used together, and the blending performance of the rubber is better. The blended rubber can be co-vulcanized under the cooperation of the vulcanization system, and the mechanical strength of the vulcanized rubber is better. high.
2. Natural reclaimed rubber/EPDM combined rubber compounding system
When using natural rubber to improve the processing technology of EPDM rubber and improve the overall performance of the product, the rubber product manufacturer needs to combine the process performance of the two rubber materials to choose the appropriate 2LLYY724 system to further optimize the comprehensive index of the blended rubber, especially the vulcanization system Together with the reinforcement system, it directly affects the physical and mechanical strength of the combined rubber.
(1) Vulcanization system: When using latex reclaimed rubber and EPDM rubber together, choose sulfur vulcanization or peroxide vulcanization. When sulfur vulcanization is selected, 100 parts of raw rubber (the total amount of natural reclaimed rubber and EPDM rubber, the same below) use 2.5 parts of sulfur as a vulcanizing agent, and use the mechanical strength of the rubber such as tensile strength, tensile stress, and tearing Indexes such as strength and hardness can reach the best value. When choosing peroxide DCP vulcanization, using 3-3.5 parts of DCP in 100 parts of raw rubber can prepare a blended compound with more ideal physical and mechanical properties.
(2) Reinforcement system: High wear-resistant carbon black is widely used in rubber products, which can give rubber products good tensile strength, tear strength, abrasion resistance, aging resistance, elasticity, etc., carbon black N330 is high The most widely used variety in wear-resistant furnace black. It can significantly improve the tensile strength of the rubber when used in natural rubber/EPDM compound rubber. Experiments show that about 50 parts of N330 are used in 100 parts of raw rubber. The physical and mechanical properties of the compound are better.
3. Natural reclaimed rubber/EPDM combined rubber mixing process
When natural latex reclaimed rubber and EPDM rubber are used together, the blending method affects the physical and mechanical strength of the combined rubber. Generally, rubber product manufacturers can first make EPDM raw rubber into masterbatch and then blend with natural rubber for vulcanization The physical and mechanical properties of the vulcanized rubber are improved while achieving co-vulcanization in a short time.
Natural reclaimed rubber/EPDM rubber compound can be used to prepare tire sidewalls, sponge products, sealing products, etc. When using latex reclaimed rubber to improve the processing performance and finished physical properties of EPDM rubber products, rubber product manufacturers can also use appropriate amounts of chlorosulfonated polyethylene and coupling agents in the formulation to improve the compatibility of the blended rubber , To further improve the vulcanization speed and degree of vulcanization of the blended rubber. The editor will continue to discuss with you other issues about the blending of natural reclaimed rubber/EPDM.